From Dene Kedǝ to Dene Ts’ı̨lı̨ : Database
What is in this database?
This database represents a collection of resources compiled during a 2017-2018 project named From Dene Kedǝ to Dene Ts’ı̨lı̨: Rethinking Resurgence in the Sahtú Region. From Dene Kedǝ to Dene Ts’ı̨lı̨ was a collaborative project that explored lessons learned through the past fifty years of Dene and Métis language (Kedǝ) and way of life (Dene Ts’ı̨lı̨) initiatives, recognizing that Dene language and ways of life are intertwined.
Each item in the catalogue/database describes a resource that the research team used while preparing the report. For example,
- Materials used to teach Dene Kedǝ and Dene Ts’ı̨lı̨ in Sahtú schools
- Reports from the Sahtú, GNWT, and Canada that talk about Dene Kedǝ and Dene Ts’ı̨lı̨ in the Sahtú region and beyond
- Records from Sahtú scholars, anthropologists, linguists, historians, and any mix thereof
- Community newsletters, magazines, and organization websites
- Research about wellness, land-based programs, governance, and language
- Student work: theses and dissertations from and about the Sahtú
Each resource has a description, and may also contain links to further information, images, or PDFs, depending on what the research team had permission to share.
How do I use this database?
Just hit “search” to see all items. This will allow you to browse the entire database.
Free text search on a topic you are interested in. This will search titles and descriptions of items, but not the contents of PDFs or attached files.
Select publication type to look specifically at books, theses, newsletters/magazines, etc.
Search by author or date range to find works by a particular person or within a specific timeline (e.g., published between 1970 and 1975). Remember that some items may be marked “no date” or “no author” if the research team was not able to verify metadata.
Choose a tag/keyword to explore to learn more about a particular topic, like Education or Governance.